This is my first post in 2017 and I thought to share something related to content marketing today. Hope you all know that I recently won a content submission contest on DZone for getting more views than any other participant. So, to win this contest I applied all my content marketing knowledge.
I used different tactics to get more views on my articles. The above screenshot is just a proof that I did it and even you can do the same with some tools and growth hacks to get more views.
If you have an idea of writing an article, you need to make sure the content is relevant and can go well with your target audience. It is not about just pushing your content on the web but to make sure prior planning, strategies and promotional tactics.
Here I am listing out some simple tactics to help get more out of your content,
- Co-Schedule headline analyzer: Use title/headline analyzer to know how well your content is going to get accepted by the audience and search engines.
- Convert your blogs into PPT’s and share them on Slideshare, this helps a lot in SEO.
- Start sharing your blogs on high traffic generation websites and communities like Reddit, and join relevant communities on LinkedIn.
- Find share-worthy content in your industry using BuzzSumo, re-create the similar type of content using the title ideas which are already there (provided by BuzzSumo). Create additional infographics or a video to break the monotonous and test if your audience like it.
- Upgrade content on your newsletter, give them something for free at the end of your newsletter. For example, it can be an informative E-Book, PDF compilation or a checklist etc
- In the middle of your blog, share a half screenshot of some valuable content like cheat sheet that you are willing to giveaway only if the visitor shares his/her mail id to you. This is the best way to know, is your target market really liked your article and cheat sheet.
- Use Snip.ly tool and target similar articles that went viral and create a CTA image with a link back to your articles.
- Create a time alert on your blog alerting visitors to signup/reserve the seat for your next webinar.
- Share your content on Medium and LinkedIn as posts, share the original article link in the beginning and at the end.
- A simple trick is to write ‘How to’ posts and tutorials, this kind of articles draw a lot of attention.
- Always try to have a good feature image along with powerful text on it.
- If you are doing a campaign or a contest, create single page website with time alert
- Create an email campaign and insert valuable information for your target audience. You can check how your competitors are doing email marketing through this tool ‘Email insights‘
- A small experiment is having your powerful keywords in the first 100 words of your article, this is very powerful and helps Google bots recognize your page easily for these keywords.
- Create your videos using tools like ‘Powtoon‘ with the same content (you have already written) and publish on video submitting tools like YouTube, Vimeo etc
Include these simple hacks in your content marketing efforts and go viral.