I am here today with some simple tactics to get more out of your social media networks (Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn). I have analysed these social media platforms and hope these simple tricks can help you get good amount of traffic to your website.
- Embed Facebook stream widget on your website/blog.
- Start using ‘Facebook Notes’ (new feature on Facebook) and writing notes about your recent PR releases and the content you would love to showcase – Get traffic back to your website.
- Use 3rd party Facebook apps and get interactive tabs on your facebook page. Use Facebook apps like Agora pulse, Woobox etc to create beautiful tabs and contests that can drive good traffic back to your website.
- Make a contest around ‘Invite friends to like this page’ and tagging, you can ask your fans to tag their friends in the comment box.
- Ask some of your interns/friends to start discussion on some particular Facebook post and make it look like so many people are talking about it (an issue, post of the day, fan of the month etc).
- Photo contests drive a good engagement, come-up with a niche idea and make it work (use 3rd party app to make a photo contest to work properly).
- Create Facebook ads with all the features available targeting particular demography and message.
- Join targeted groups – Join targeted groups like social media marketing, social media facts, digital marketing, growth hacking etc and involve in discussions, answer questions and queries
- Connect with the highly active members of a particular group that you have joined and endorse them to get their view on you
- Create a group – Create your own group and invite people to join your group where you can share all your updates
- Write quality posts and articles – Write very interesting articles on the various topics and innovations around your industry and this way, your post will get notified to all your followers
- Comment on others articles – You can easily search for your desired articles on LinkedIn and comment on such articles to build a relationship with the author. This is the place where you can also leave your website link ( while commenting on any article, be on the context and don’t just put the website link since its considered as spam)
- Share your own updates as posts with a link of your website and tag your connections ( not as a company page but as a personal profile)
- You can advertise your particular posts and updates on LinkedIn like Adwords
- You can send personalised messages to targeted people (people should be in your network/connection to send these messages)
- Confirm your website by adding the code that you get in your settings tab.
- Share posts with good image resolution, infographics, memes etc and re-post/re-pin viral content and pins of industry leaders, topic experts. Use hashtags in your posts if possible
- Tag your particular followers on your posts depending on the type of post
- If you like any particular pin, like and comment on it, just to show that you had your view on it.
- Install Pin-it chrome extension on your computer and Pin often and consistently so your Pins get seen in your Followers’ feeds
- Create your own targeted ads on Pinterest (need to pay)
- Make a ‘Contest Board’ and start posting simple and easy contest pins
- Re-pin the Rich-pins – Rich Pins are Pins that include extra information on the Pin itself. There are 6 types of Rich Pin: app, film, recipe, article, product and place. (https://business.pinterest.com/en-gb/rich-pins)
These points are enough if you are a beginner in social media marketing. I will share the growth hacking tips and tricks for other social networks soon.