Rank Your Keyword on Google
Today I am going to talk about some simple SEO growth hacks that can help you rank your website on the first page of the Google.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is critical if you are new in the market as a startup and if you have a new website. Hence, startups are required to do a lot of analysis before practically approaching SEO.
SEO is free and if you do it properly, you are going to get a ton of traffic without paying a penny. Hold on, I am not going to teach you any black hat tricks but I am talking about real white hat tactics here. So, if you are on this article thinking you will get some immediate results with black hat tricks, then this post/article is not for you.
The basic facts of SEO remain the same for every industry and might slightly differ in the approach if you are an E-commerce or a social media website where a bit more attention is required. Since, on the sites like E-commerce, you need to optimize more of product pages rather than the main landing page because people always search for products on Google and in case of a social media website, you need to have a bit different approach on reaching to your target market through your strong and primary keywords.
Build an outstanding website: You need to have a website with initial feedbacks and reviews from your target focus group on the UI/UX part and rest is taken care by doing SEO. Use tools like UserTesting to test your website and get the feedback from experts.
Steps For Ranking Keywords
1. First things first, you must know Webmaster Guidelines
2. Make a list of keywords you want to rank for with their volume and competition. If your website is a bit old, you can see for which keywords you are getting organic traffic and this data you can get it from your Google Analytics. This can give you a fair idea of choosing your keywords
3. See who is ranking on the first page for those keywords already and closely analyze their pages/blogs/articles. Google can help you find the rankings and who are they
There might be many reasons someone is ranking for specific keywords, factors that affect are,
- Domain age & authority
- Links pointing back to this particular website/page/blog
- Trust flow
- Proper on-page SEO tactics
4. Use and spread out your keywords on, (but don’t overdo)
- Headings & Content
- Images Titles & Alt Text
6. Create fresh and similar to top shared content keeping in mind these two above mentioned tools for your keywords
7. Include on page SEO tactics in your articles/blogs, what are they?
- Have your keywords mentioned in the first paragraph
- Meta description
- H1 and H2
- Images with ALT attributes
- Inbound and outbound links
- with overall keyword density keeping it around 1.5% (Number of keywords/ Total number of words) *100
7. Start link building i.e, doing off page SEO and that involves,
- Submitting website URL to social bookmarking sites
- Submitting URL to directory submission sites
- Business profile creation
- Social media marketing
8. Start getting a lot of backlinks from high authority domains. How? Through guest posting tricks
This is not the overall strategy and this is not for beginners if you don;t know the basics of SEO. I have just suggested some tactics that will lead you to rank on the 1st page but patience is the key. If your domain is new and wants to rank for a high competition keyword in a week, that is impossible.
See this bonus video from Ahrefs about ranking your keyword,
Also, you need to do link building and keyword insertion at different places without getting penalized by Google. Hmmm, this is explained really well by Neil Patel on his blog, ‘Improving your Google rankings‘
So, keep these fundamental things in mind and start ranking. Let me know if you have any queries.